Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Onwards

I have noticed that if you go to the newer flashier auto part stores you are inevitably served by kids who know squat. However if you go to the old school stores you meet folks who know about car parts. Case in point I went into my local NAPA and told them that I needed to improvise some rubber muffler mounts for the cart. They guy went off to the rack and came back with a selection of rubber parts that were largely meaningless to me but we worked out that cutting this thing in half and shaving the sides would work and now the muffler is on. Just in time really as I spent 15 minutes tuning the engine without the muffler and I seriously hurt myself. My ears were ringing for 24 hours and I still have an earache. Just goes to prove that you are never to old to be a dick.

P.S. just as a bolster for my ego the original did not have rubber mounts and the muffler was bolted meal to metal. However on half is bolted to the frame and the other to the engine, which vibrates. Hopefully my design will cut down on vibration through the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment