Thursday, July 1, 2010

Done

There it is (nearly) all finished. Last night I installed the ignition sensor, the flywheel, the fan and the cover. I bought a whole load of miscellanea last night and when I got home I found that the store clerk had not put the tin of engine black in the bag (not quite the disaster it might have been as he didn't even ring it up) so my plan to paint the air deflector didn't happen.

Also the bracket that allows you to adjust the tension on the starter belt is broken so I need to get that welded up. (Someone in the past had jammed a block of wood between the engine and the starter).

Missing forever was the gas cap so I found a nice replacement and as this is rather a short post here is a picture for your edification. Enjoy

With the engine out working on the engine bay will be a lot easier. It looks like in a fit of pique someone has ripped out some of the wiring so the next step will be to remove all of the ignition parts, clean out the bay and spray it all black. Then replace the wiring and the connectors and see if she will fire up. Once that is done I need to drop another (softly sobbing) $400 on new clutches. Then to beat and fill the body straight respray and I should have a new 1986 golf cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment