Friday, July 9, 2010

Another step closer

Sometime in the past the starter / generator bracket broke and the douchbag that was driving the cart "repaired" it by jamming a block of wood between the engine and the generator. (Lest you think that douchbag is too stern a description, this is the person who ran it without an air filter until the crankcase filled with dirt and it seized up whence it was dumped in the woods. Under the circumstances I think that we can agree his full name is Douchy McDouchbag from Douchville).

Anyway I scoured the four corners of the Internet and eventually found a kit that supposedly converts a Harley Davidson generator from spring loaded to adjustable, whatever that means. With a spot of drilling and twatting I got it all together and even if I do say so myself I am rather proud of my overt manliness
The strap is a touch too long but if the seat closes then I shall leave it alone. If not then I shall tickle it with the angle grinder.
Now it is Friday night and I can either write a long technical blog or do in a case of Heineken.

No comments:

Post a Comment