Friday, July 16, 2010

It's Alive!

When I started this project I tried to work out the finals costs, of course I was way out. Case in point, last night I needed to buy the belt between the starter and the engine. Now this is just like a regular fan belt and yet for some reason it cost $20. (I know bitch, whine, moan).

Anyway I fitted the belt, fitted the throttle cable, fitted the choke cable, squirted a shot of gas into the air intake and........

Now you would think that at this stage I would be doing a happy dance in the sun and I guess that I was because all of the electrical components that were hitherto untested actually worked as you can see. Sadly there must still be some crud in the carburetter as the best I could get was a fast idle. Still nothing that can't be fixed or maybe the better option will be investing $89 in a new carb.

For the moment I am content to bask in the glory of a little Robin 249 cc engine that fires up.

No comments:

Post a Comment