Monday, May 24, 2010

Onwards and Upwards

As you will have seen from the previous pictures it appears that someone has just pointed a spray gun of white paint at the golf cart and pretty much (badly) covered everything including the rubber trim and fenders. As a result much of the trim looks like this.

I was planning to remove the engine this week but the manual has not yet arrived and to be quite frank, my back is giving me some considerable gyp so a week of light duty is probably going to be best. So I started to remove the trim and using some paint that is allegedly formulated for plastics cleaning it up to look like this.
I have also got the rear panel off to expose the transmission and the drive belts. I would have taken a photo but my Kodak is showing more and more signs of douchbaggeryness.
On the excellent news front it appears that I may have fallen on my feet with regard to tires. It transpires that a friend of a friend knows someone with a bankrupt stock of wheels and tires. Apparently this was discussed during Saturday night when I am never at my most lucid. As a result JC and I went to see said third party on Sunday morning to finalise the deal. As I really didn't have too much of a recollection of the previous conversation I just hung out looking bemused as apparently I bought a set of nearly new wheels and tires for $20. This is how I like to live my life, not really in control but surrounded by people who make good things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment