Friday, August 6, 2010

Bad news and good news

As I mentioned earlier I needed to take out the play in the steering and fairly quickly deduced that it was in fact the steering box. Most of the forums stated that the box was not adjustable and when they were shot they were shot (thanks for nothing EZGO), still hope springs eternal in the human breast and all that bollocks so I took it apart and found that there were no user serviceable parts. I subsequently discovered that a new steering box retails at $600 so you will understand why I am typing this whilst sitting on the commode. A little later I found that some of the play was due to the fact I had failed to tighten up any of the wheel lugs, but it is still crap. As it happens I am kind of OK with this as there is a golf cart Mr Fixit down the road so I think I will give the whole problem to him.
On a more positive note I did install a tachometer and hours run meter and they work fine so tonight wasn't a complete jizzfest. While testing the tacho it occurred to me how excruciatingly annoying a 2 cycle engine sounds. If you have never heard one then play this 100 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment